Here are some ideas for how to get more traffic to your blog (click the links for more helpful resources).
- Leave thoughtful comments on other people’s blogs.
- Write shorter posts.
- Blog consistently.
- Write less.
- Be a resource.
- Use trackbacks.
- Organize your posts with lists and subheads.
- Get on Twitter. Tweet links to your posts and other useful content.
- Link out to other sites (but only ones that will help people).
- Share your content on Facebook (and ask your friends to share it, too).
- Write stuff people will want to link to.
- Ask questions.
- Be funny.
- Be clever.
- Be remarkable.
- Request a link from someone else to a blog post.
- Do some public speaking.
- Write attractive headlines.
- Optimize your site for search engines.
- Deliver killer content.
- Guest post on someone else’s blog.
- Write in the second person (“you” not “me”).
- Tell stories.
Any serious blogger will eventually hit a plateau and need some help extending her platform beyond its initial reach.
This happens to all of us. And there’s nothing wrong with asking the question: “How can I get more traffic?” (Just make sure that your motive is to help and not merely to make you famous.)
We all get stuck some times. This is where using a “jump starter” like this list may come in handy.